Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Trip to See the Trasks

It's unreal that the last time we saw the Trasks was two years ago.  I was pregnant with Rose, and Dale was a cooperative angel that I pushed around in a stroller.  Two years later Rose is almost two, and Dale is growing up so fast.  I miss my Lanie Love immensely.  Seeing her and her kids every few years just isn't cutting it.  I tried to talk her into moving back to Kansas, but she is being stubborn.

Here we are two years ago...

People always thought Lanie and I were sisters.

We met up again at Deanna Rose, because Helayna loves those benches as much as I do.  Our only real aim is to get adorable photos of our children, but we pretend to like filthy disgusting farm animals in order to get our kids there.  It's a fair trade, if you ask me.

Dale is growing so fast.

All five kids stare at the big goats.  They all became friends so quickly.

Notice how Lanie's kids all turned around and smiled when I said, "smile," and notice how my kids ignored me.

Yes, a goat did indeed try to eat Rose's dress.  Poor girl is going to be goat traumatized for life.


I can't remember if this picture was taken before or after Dale ran off, causing major panic from his Mommy.

These really are five great kids.  We done good, Lanie.

Is Aven Rose's first boyfriend?
Photograph courtesy of Lanie.




Stinky goats.

It was such a bittersweet visit.  It was so wonderful to see Helayna and her beautiful happy children, but the trip went so fast, and us Mommies barely got a chance to talk.  Next time...

Picture taken by Cole.

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing Helayna's kids...all adorable, just like her. So glad you got together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I absolutely adore the picture of Rose and her beau.

    ReplyDelete