Monday, December 10, 2012

Sponge Curlers Take Three

November 2, 2012
 
I have fairly vivid memories of my mother pulling the bejeezus out of my hair while wrapping each and every strand as tight as she could around a pink sponge curler.  I even remember the smell of her hands as they worked so closely to my face.  While I may have gotten used to the tugging, there are a few things I never did much care for:
1.  Sleeping on those darn things.  Sure, they're soft-ish.  But it was hard enough for a young and wild Wendy to fall asleep as it was.
2.  I hated my curly hair with a passion and could never understand why my mother did that to me in the first place.
But now.  Now I know.  It's cute while it's happening, and it's cute when it's done, and oh my goodness, I loves me some cute little curly headed Rose.  Mom, I forgive you.
 

3 comments: