Friday, November 30, 2012

Eureka Springs

The morning we left our little Ozarks cabin, Dale and Rose ran around, sucking it in as much as they could before getting in the car for our long haul home.
 
 
After a lovely drive and a fabulous pottery stop in Osage, where I FINALLY got a salad bowl that I adore, we landed at the Mud St. Cafe in Eureka Springs.  It was an interesting joint.  It was an interesting town, to say the least.
 
This is a smile, believe it or not.

Pre-lunch cuddles.
 
We only had enough time to eat lunch and take a short stroll through downtown.  There was so much to look at, lots of old buildings and shops and restaurants, but we spent most of our time in Basin Spring park enjoying the fall leaves and the people passing by.

I love this sculpture named "Aza."  She looked amazing against the fall leaves.

This bench was carved with a chainsaw from an old Sycamore tree that used to stand in the park.

Eureka Springs was completely quirky and colorful.  I felt rushed through my time there, so I'm not checking it off the list.  See you again some day, Eureka Springs!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me to plan a family trip. What wonderful memories you are making!

    ReplyDelete