Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Live Strong

October 16, 2012
 
KCK scored big when the new and shiny LIVESTRONG Sporting Park opened in 2011, and ever since I first saw it standing tall in all its glory, I knew I needed to get my Dale there to show him what soccer was all about.  You see, Mommy may not be into football, but she kinda digs futbol, so she waved her magic Mommy wand and scored tickets to the USA vs Guatemala 2014 World Cup Qualifier.
 
 
We had a blast.  Dale was excited and interested and truly happy to be hanging out with Mommy and Daddy.
 

This game was entertainment at its finest, and I'm not just talking about the part where some dudes kicked a ball around.  The fans were awesome too.  Everywhere I turned there was something unique and fun, and I soon learned that a soccer game is just as much a social experience as it is a game.


To round out our complete soccer experience, cowbell dude stood nearby banging the crap out of that bell for nearly the entire game.  And let's not forget mohawk man, who tried to sneak into the seats in front of us but failed.


My favorite fan was this cute little dude waving his gigantic foam finger around.  Dale shoved that thing in the air like it was his job, and he was dang good at it.

 
The game itself was pretty exciting too, although it was hard to keep my eyes off the people.  We won 3-1 over Guatemala, of course, proving that the Rices should be at all USA soccer games.
 
 
To round out our evening, we treated Dale to some ice cream for being such a stellar foam finger fan.
 

It was a good night.

2 comments:

  1. Mommy and Daddy are awesome to have a special night out with Dale. I'm sure bear was waiting to complete the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris is jealous you got to watch soccer...and was that cotton candy ice cream I saw? I'm jealous too!

    ReplyDelete