Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Last Dance

Dale's last dance class of the summer was bittersweet for me.  On one hand, I was sure going to miss watching those adorable kids grin with glee as they pranced around the room, but I was very much over the three times a week trek in the heat that we made right before dinnertime.

Before looking at at some entirely too cute pictures of Dale, here's Rose sitting at the little table not eating her morning snack.

Don't let the mess fool you.  Rose doesn't really eat a thing.

Without further ado, here's Dale!


Dale couldn't wait to get inside the school to see his friends.

In the window you can see Lily pushing Rose toward the door.

The mannequin at this dance school is extremely interesting to all the children.  Her purpose is to don the new apparel for sale, but the kids think of her as the strangest toy they've ever seen.  The poor thing gets her hand ripped off several times a day.  To me that mannequin is creepy, and I'm pretty sure it comes alive at night and changes outfits while singing, "Do you dream about me."  If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here for 80's awesomeness.  Admit it, it was your favorite part of the movie too.

"At least she'll never tell you your hips are too fat." -Hollywood Montrose from the 1987 movie Mannequin.

But Dale loves this gal even more.  Meet Autumn, Dale's dance BFF.  She suits him.


Oh boy does this picture do this group justice.

Dale's posse.

Since it was the last class, the teacher let us in to see the dance the kids had been working on all month.  Dale was so proud of himself.  Dale's favorite dance move?  Jumping up as high as he can and then landing on his knees.  My cheeks hurt from smiling.


When class was over, we watched the kids get their final stickers for their stars.


Then I made Dale pose for more pictures.


Back at home, we resumed our usual strangeness.

"Wimming suit peeeeez."

1 comment:

  1. So awesome. You make me laugh so hard, Wendy. I want to see Dale's high jump with knee landing, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete