Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dear Sara

To my dearest sister Sara,


We've always been close, but there may be some things I have never told you:
You are inspiring to me.
You are one of the most caring people I know.
You touch many people's lives on a daily basis at work, at church, and at home.
Your heart is big and giving.
I admire how you work so hard, and then come home and care for your family with full focus.
I love how you take your time and don't care who is waiting.
I love how you cry when you see an abandoned animal.
I love that you bake for people in your spare time, and you only ever seem to think of everyone else.
I admire your shoe and jewelry fetish but hate that I still haven't gotten my hands on those long flower earrings from junior high.
I respect how you stand your ground and hold your beliefs dear, but you don't push me.
I'll never forget the day you tried to save a bird in a parking lot, and then threw up blueberry pancakes in a different one.
Sorry I told mom about your hoovers, but I kept a lot of other secrets and still do.
You mean the world to me.
You are my one and only sister, and I love you.

Love, Wendellia


I did this photo shoot for my sister, because I knew she would love it, and I wanted to make her happy.  This one's for you, Sara!


P.S.  Sara made Rose and Lily's headbands right after Rose was born.  They are a symbol of our online shopping together and Sara's insane ability to produce whatever she wants in her spare time.


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I cried while reading this and thinking about what wonderful women my daughters have become. Your elequent expression of your sister says alot about both of you, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister sounds like a very special girl! I am glad you have someone like her. Love your little session. She really is talented at making things. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, Wendy, so beautiful! Loved it! I really loved the picture of Dale and Lily kissing. How cute. That's one to show them when they are older to embarrass them. Loved the last one of Rose, of course. Love my grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't even know where to begin or how to thank you for affirming and encouraging me today! Thank you for the awesome pictures and love note and all your love and support of me. I don't think I deserved this, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I love you very much.
    xo,
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweetness. These pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete