Monday, August 27, 2012

Sunflowers in July

July 29, 2012
 
Ah, Kansas sunflowers.  I do so adore you...
 
The Grinters sweetly welcome strangers onto their property every year to share in the wonderment that is a giant field full of happy sunflowers over six feet tall.  This year the flowers bloomed early, but we were ready.
 
Dale and Lily were both so cooperative and smiley.  They are growing up so fast!
 
 
Rose wasn't ready.
 

Most of my shots are like these:

At least he was happy!
 
 
Dale does a million silly poses, but he eventually makes himself laugh, and I get that perfect Dale shot.
 

Rose, however, did not feel like laughing.

 
 Lily was as cute as can be, but as soon as I told her how pretty she looked, she frowned.  I got this one picture.  Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.
 
 
 Since our kids were so good at the sunflower field, we rewarded them us by going to Starbucks.  They we deserved it so much.  Rose finally started to smile at everyone and everything.  Clearly the girl needs her coffee to start the day out right.
 


On our way home we stopped at St. Mary's for some lunch at local diner.  Tiny Kansas towns are so much fun.  We'll be back to this one for sure!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love these pictures! The last one especially makes me laugh so hard...finally Rose is smiling, and Dale has lost his smile. Oh kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete