Monday, July 22, 2013

Sand and Shade

It's a given that we're going to go to the playground most days.  It was so hot this particular day that I sought out any patch of shade I could find at the playground and then begged my kids to stay in it.  It mostly worked.

Off to the playground with our sand buckets.
New sandcastle strategy.
I love the way Dale sits when he's working in the sandbox.
Rose is proud of her sandcastle.

After Rose built her castle, she spent some time swinging until she realized her sand toys had been taken over by a group of older kids.  She stood like this for a long time staring at her sand toys.

This is actually a milestone for Rose.  Normally she would scream "MINE" and grab her toys back.

This happened a little later...

I guess we wore her out.

1 comment:

  1. I love Rose's hat and her nap.
    Dale always finds a way to manipulate something.

    ReplyDelete