Friday, July 5, 2013

Backyard Roses

By June 1st, our house in Kansas was under contract, so the kids and I headed back to Manhattan to get the house ready for inspection.  I also started to get extremely sentimental about our time at that house.  Every little thing was starting to choke me up, and I became determined to soak in the things we loved the most.  Like our backyard, for example.  What a beautiful place our Kansas backyard has been.  Trees and flowers everywhere with so much room to run and play.  Oh how I will miss that glorious backyard.

Forced pictures of my kids in front of favorite backyard spots are a must.
Go ahead and walk around barefoot, but don't be surprised if you wind up with deer poop on your feet.

It was love at first sight with our rose bushes.  I still remember the first time I saw them.  Our eyes met, and I knew we'd have an amazing relationship.

It's been awesome, roses, but I'm guessing your new owners will trim you.

My kids.  Pink roses gone crazy.  The picnic table Daddy built.  Heck yeah I'm gonna miss it.


Thank goodness Daddy was there for a few days to bring me back to reality.

1 comment: