Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Snowy With No Chance of Meatballs

March 23, 2013

Dear Snow,
Look, I know I've always told you how pretty you are and how much fun you can be to play in, but enough is enough.  I'm kind of over you now.  You make my legs turn red and my nose run, and although I enjoy a good shovel workout from time to time, I'm done for a while.  So could you please retreat to the mountains where you belong?  I promise we'll come visit you soon enough.
Love, Wendy  xoxo


It was downright frigid this day, but Daddy insisted we go play in the snow, because he is out of his mind.  There can be no other reason.


Daddy searched the town high and low for a sled but came up empty handed, so he bought a new inner tube to ride on instead.  Dale was so excited to see it come to life.


We gave it a good shot, but the hills weren't quite steep enough, and the wind was shockingly cold, so we headed back home where all the sane people were sitting on their couches under blankets.


In one last attempt to keep us all in the cold, Daddy gave us his best snow angel.

The kids were dumbfounded as to why their Daddy was lying in the snow.

Dale went ahead and did his own snow angel.


Rose, however, would have none of it.  She's one smart girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Snow, how fun you can be at the beginning of winter, and how too cold you can be at the end!

    ReplyDelete