Friday, March 8, 2013

Giant Toes Playground

I'm horrible at remembering names.  I can remember little details about people, places and things, but if you ask me what it's called, I won't have a clue.  So we've started naming playgrounds by what they have rather than what they are really called.  I like it.  It works for me.  In Manhattan we frequented the "boat park," the "monster slide park," the "dude with ax park," and the "purple eagle park."  My kids know which park is which, so that's all that really matters.
Moving to Fort Collins will give us a whole slew of new and extra awesome playgrounds to rename.  On this day, we visited the "giant toes" playground, and it quickly became Dale's new fave.


While Rose ran from place to place like a little butterfly, Dale climbed everything in sight.

Getting braver.

Once Dale got to the top of the giant rock pile, he sat there for quite some time, pensively studying the scene.


Then Rose found him.


And here they are; the giant toes.  Aren't they awesome?  Oh yeah, this park is awesome, and we'll be frequenting it soon.


For the record, this playground is called Inspiration Playground, and it's at Spring Canyon Community Park. I won't remember that five minutes from now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We're going to need to come climb those toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to visit that playground with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete