Friday, January 18, 2013

Getting in the Spirit

This year we opted for a smaller than usual Christmas tree.  We also opted to wear super cool headbands and hats while decorating the tree.
 
 
This was the first year that our kids were old enough to help decorate, and they took turns hanging pretty (unbreakable) ornaments all over the tree.  And by all over the tree, I mean every ornament went in one square foot.
 
Rose and Dale are holding their ornaments from 2011.  An engraved angel and a Mater car were perfect for our kids last year.


This year the tree took on a whole new meaning for me.  I used to want my tree pretty.  I used to want bright sparkly ornaments adorning my tree.  This year I got excited thinking about all the homemade ornaments we will collect in future years.  All those memories.  Forget about the pretty and bring on the real.  It's much more beautiful.


When we were done decorating the tree, Dale pretended to be Santa driving his sleigh, while Rose began the month long game of let-me-take-this-ornament-off-the-tree-and-carry-it-somewhere-else-in-the-house.

Yes, I agree the tree looks sparse, but don't worry, we have a ton of fragile ornaments waiting in the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment