Monday, October 22, 2012

Big Mama, Big Man, Big Papa

September 2-3, 2012
 
Our final Colorado destination was up north in an area less traveled.  Lucky for us, the trees were already starting to turn yellow.  Truth be told, these yellow aspens distracted me from my moose hunting by making me look up instead of down.
 

We did see this dude though.  He was attracted to my dewlap and gave me a kiss.


I eventually stopped looking for moose altogether that day, which is when we found them.  Well hello there, mama and baby moosies.

 
That mama moose, let's call her Big Mama, wanted to kill me for looking at her.  Mark turned off the car and left my window down, leaving me defenseless against Big Mama.  I was pretty sure she was going to charge me, stick her head into my window, and eat my face off.  But she didn't, thank goodness, and I was able to take a few pictures of her and her baby before some seriously annoying people scared them off.  (No, we were not the annoying people.  I never approach wildlife, because I am not a moron.)
 
 
If you know where this is, then you know where we were.
 
Shhh, don't tell.

Parents on vacation.

Just say yes to a porch swing, a comfy sweater, and a cup of coffee.

Man find big rock.  Man climb big rock and think he big man.
 
After man climb big rock, man grill brats to make wife happy.  If wife happy, man happy.

Bunny climb rock.  Bunny feel like big bunny.

Finally, on our morning drive toward home, we encountered three bulls chilling near one of our favorite Colorado spots.  This guy, let's call him Big Papa, made me even more nervous than Big Mama, even though he was farther away.  It was his stare.  Oh my, what a stare.

Big moose seriously big.
 
It was a fast trip, but it was fun.  Yay for Mommy-Daddy time!

2 comments:

  1. Love the story. Love the moose. Love the coffee mug. And love the picture of the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Wendy. Really liked the one of you and Mark. How did you convince him to not make a weird face?

    ReplyDelete