Monday, June 10, 2013

Rocky Mountain Mama

May 12, 2013

The kids and I drove to Colorado just in time for Mother's Day, and my fabulous husband knew just where to take me...Rocky Mountain National Park.

Dale was pretty proud of himself for being brave enough to stand  next to a bear statue.  (Even though it looks like my child has his hand up the bear's bummers.)

Now that we know how much Dale likes to climb rocks, it was pretty easy to decide on our park destination.  The Alluvial Fan area has some great boulders to climb and lots of little stones to toss into the river too.

Look at that face!  This boy loves climbing!
Family with weird hats.
Minnetonka girls are awesome!

Since it was Mother's Day, Mark knew he had to take me to my coffee shop.  I sat myself in my chair facing the water, drank what is fast becoming my favorite coffee and watched my kids feed the ducks.  My view has changed over the years, but I love it more now.

Best seat in the house.
And check this girl out.  Rose loves my coffee shop as much as I do.


What a great day of family, mountains and coffee.  Can't think of anything better!

1 comment: