Wednesday, May 29, 2013

To Monga's House We Go

April 30, 2013

No visit to Monga's house is complete without a trip to the Sedgwick County Zoo.


The tiger exhibit is a family favorite at the zoo.  You can get up close to the tigers and still be in the air conditioning.  Win win!  Plus, tigers are Rose's best friends.


As if the tigers weren't enough, the exhibit wraps around a cool outdoor area intended to mimic a tiger's habitat.  Dale loves to run up and down the ramp nearby.

This is the face of a boy who just saw a tiger up close.

Rose was thrilled, because I let her roam freely through the zoo's playground.  She ran and jumped all over, and I tried not to freak out while she climbed way up high with all the bigger kids.

Freedom at the zoo playground!

Once the zoo had sufficiently worn us out, we searched for an artsy looking coffee shop downtown that we had once seen.  We found it!  While Monga and I sipped our coffee, Dale and Rose enjoyed playing on the front porch.


Since neither the zoo or the coffee shop wore my kids out, we played like crazy in the backyard at Monga's house.

This is the face Dale makes when he's batting.
Is she serious???

The day was exhausting, but I'm pretty sure my kids didn't go to bed early that night or sleep late the next morning.  It never stops.  Ever.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the girls to wake up so I can show them the picture of your kids by the tiger. I love the picture of Dale hugging Rose, and I love Rose's teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.

    ReplyDelete